Silicone Oil 1000 CST
Aurosil is a fractionated, purified, sterile and apyrogenic silicone oil designed for prolonged tamponade after surgical treatment for severe retinal detachment.
- Greater stability
- Reduced emulsification due to a high degree of purification and low level of reactive OH end groups
- Less tissue impregnation
- Low level of catalyst impurities minimize the risks of interactions with the ocular environment
- Subjected to all physical and chemical analysis (H-NMR spectral test, gel permeation chromatography study and gas chromatography) to ensure purity level
- Viscosity (at 25°C) : 1000 cSt ± 50 cSt
- Refractive index (at 25°C) : 1.3900 – 1.4050
- Specific Gravity (at 30°C) : 0.967 ± 0.975
- Average Molecular Weight (daltons) : 44,000 ±1000
- Poly Dispersion Index : 2.5
- Toxic Residue : Nil
- Content of -OH-end groups : <70 ppm
Retinal detachment with giant tear, retinal detachment with proliferative vitreo retinopathy (PVR), proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and traumatic retinal detachment.
Pseudophakic patients with silicone intraocular lens (silicone oil can chemically interact and opacify silicone elastomers).
Available in 10 ml vial in a sterile pouch.