Sodium hyaluronate 2%w/v with Chondroitin sulphate 2%w/v
Aurocoat is a Ophthalmic viscosurgical device is a sterile, isotonic,pyrogen-free, high viscosity,medium molecular weight of highly purified grade of Sodium hyaluronate 2% and Sodium Chondroitin sulphate 2%w/v dissolved in a buffered physiological solution for Intraocular application.
- Cohesive and Dispersive.
- Superior Space maintenance.
- Easy to inject and easy to remove.
- Sodium hyaluronate : 20 mg/ml (2%w/v)
- Chondroitin sulphate : 20 mg/ml (2%w/v)
- Sodium hyaluronate : >3 M Daltons
- Chondroitin sulphate : >25,000 Daltons
- pH : 6.5-7.8
- Osmolality : 250-350 mOsm/Kg
- Viscosity (@ 27°C) : 30,000-60,000 cPs
- Refractive index : 1.330-1.350 @ 25°C
- Specific gravity : 1.000-1.040 @ 25°C
- Spectral transmittance : >90%
Aurocoat is indicated as a surgical aid (medical device) during surgical procedures involving the anterior chamber of the eye, including extraction of the lens and insertion of intraocular lenses. It maintains the depth of the anterior chamber during the whole surgical procedure and permits greater operative precision without the risk of damaging the endothelium of the cornea or other intraocular tissues.
It is contraindicated in patients with known history of hypersensitivity to its ingredients.
Available in sterile 1ml pre-filled glass syringes.